Monday, April 29, 2013

Bad things come in clusters all at once

We had a wonderful time in Vegas three weeks ago

Who knows when we returned to LA, everybody were down with a bad flu. Then, two days later, I tripped and fell while getting out of the long bath. I landed on my overturned left foot and my 5th metatarsal into two and displaced it. OUCH!!! Few days later my Quay Lo's feet got an infection and now admitted into the hospital. HAIYAH! So that's why I titled this post "bad things come in clusters all at once". So true right? At least for me, it is.

Actually when bad things happen to us, what choice do we have other than to accept it and be strong to face the adversity? Although this time, it is too much for me to handle, I have accepted it and wait for it to pass. For I believe that after every dark night is a brighter day.

Wouldn't you start to wonder if all these happened for a reason? If you do, read this interesting article. Then, you will understand why Aristotle said everything happens for a reason.



Right now, moving around with my foot in cast and on crutches is the only choice for me. It is frustrating to have to depend on others to do almost everything. In spite of that, I still feel blessed because I know that even if I fall a million times and broken into pieces, my family will still be there to pick me up and mend me. I agree with Michael J. Fox. He said "Family is not an important thing. It's EVERYTHING."

My step daughter, my step son in law and my Quay Lo have been taking care of me since the accident occurred. Big bear hugs!! Big thanks to my son, my BFF and my step brother, my SIL, my niece and nephews for sending me encouraging messages to keep me positive. Many of my friends who knew what happened to me on facebook also send their well wishes. You know who you are. Thank you! I am very grateful for all the love and support.

However, what happens happened. I believe I am doing the right thing to stop feeling bad and self pity. I just need to get better at moving around with my crutches. Hey! I am pretty good now after using them for two weeks. I managed to cook my own meals and did laundry. I could stand on one foot to eat my meals. Quay Po "BOLEH"! (CAN). Are you proud of me? If yes, clap hands please. LOL!

The doctor estimated that it will take six to eight weeks for the bones to heal. He was concerned that the bones may not union properly. In that case, he said surgery is necessary. Wish me luck that I don't need that. I hope to be on my feet sooner than normal. I am eager to start cooking and blogging again. I miss you guys! Till I return, you all take good care. Don't be like clumsy Aunty Lucy, look before you leap! LOL!

Lots of love from Quay Po

34 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Quay Po! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Clap Clap" Quaypo boleh! Wishing u speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a prompt recovery. Your are right, after every dark night is a brighter day. Hang on and be positive. I love your ravioli video, it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! Must get the flower petals - seven colurs...and bathe in the water...buang sial! Take care there, relax, laze around...stay out of trouble! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... it seems a "vogue" thingy to have an arm or a leg fracture these days :(

    My son got his left forearm cast too (during his ice skating) & his form teacher had a fractured arm & my neighbour's gal had her right arm fractured too!

    Take care dear, speedy recovery ya! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrrr! Get well real quick! And enjoy all the love and pampering:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, glad you guys are alright now ! Yes, it is true that you just have to accept it and not to blame anyone or anything. Oh well, maybe it's a good thing. You can stay longer. lol. :o) Take care & god bless you all. ((hugs))
    Best wishes,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everything improves from here. Take care and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quay Po you will be fine! All the bad things have over, all good thing will follow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well soon and welcome back! At least you are getting pampered at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Veronica, hope you and hubby get well soon. Enjoy the rest of the trip and all the bad things should be gone by now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Quay Po,

    Thank you for dropping by. Do get well soon and good luck to you - may your bones heal and reconnect nicely so no surgery is needed. I must applaud you for still doing your laundry and cooking on one foot. *Clap, clap, clap*

    Take good care. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dear, Quay Po! I am so sorry to read about your fall. Just this weekend I had 3 baking disasters (yes!) and I was feeling so down. And when I read your post, geez, my failed cakes is nothing, absolutely nothing compared to what you and Quay Lo are going through! I hope that your bones will heal properly and that Quay Lo's infection clears off soon. Take care and hope to read more of your posts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I"m so late reading this but better late than never. Hope your bones will fully recover and reconnect so tht surgery is not needed. Take care yea, and i hope Gary gets well too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. am also sorry to read about these troubles. i hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly, and it's really personally inspiring to me that you have maintained such a positive attitude through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning,
    Just read about your incidents! Bravo to you! Keep smiling and God be with you always! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh sorry to hear about what happened, Quay Po. I wish you and Quay Lo speedy recovery. Don't think so much but to keep in mind with the positive ones, ok. Everything will be fine. Big hugs from Ling...Take care, Veron!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to read bout your swollen foot.... Take good care and I am sure your foot will recover in no time~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear, hope all the bad lucks have gone by now! Take care & do take sufficient calcium/krill oil tablets for extra boost! Hope your hubby is recovering well too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hie there,

    Glad u r back. But hope u get well real soon.
    Love to read all your stories.

    Warm Rgds,
    Shu-Yin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Veron, sorry to hear about your foot. Hope u feel better soon. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear about your foot. I hope that your foot will get well very soon! And your hubby too, hope he is better now! Take care, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Veron,

    Hope that you will recover well and fast. Take care.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are a STRONG woman. You will heal very fast. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Veronica, so sorry to hear about your accident. I was in the same position as you, exactly 2 yrs ago. At least you had a wonderful time in Vegas. Hope your foot will recover soon, and you will be back on your feet!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  26. so sorry all these things happened, good article!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh...you are overseas right now. Was thinking about the "break"
    Anyway hope you are recovering fast and will be back to walking soon. I am sure God has plans for you..maybe to tell u to slow down n relax. Anyway do hv a good break and reunion with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Many thanks to all for your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I do hope you are better and out and about, but then it doesn't sound like this will get you down. I do think some things happen for a reason, then other times it is all so senseless and wonder why did it happen?

    ReplyDelete
  30. hugs!!!

    get well soon...waiting to see you back in action!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!