Monday, August 27, 2012

Pot luck "LUNNER" (lunch and dinner)

Usually during long holidays, Wendy of "Table for Two or More" will come to KL which gives us the opportunity to meet up, catch up, taste each other’s food, and eat till we drop. Over the recent holiday we had a pot luck “LUNNER” (Lunch and Dinner) and the theme was finger foods. We were reminded by Wendy to make small portions because what we wanted were varieties not quantity. Swee San of "The Sweetspot" kindly offered to host the “LUNNER” in her beautiful home. 

That morning I was  full of anticipation  and got up very early to prepare the food shown below to take to the feast. 

Goody bags for each of my friends - Almond Crisps
(click on any picture to get the recipes)


For finger food, I made pancetta wrapped prawns with gorgonzola cheese
to go with lemon tahini mayo dip dressing

This is another variation for serving the prawn as a starter
(You may click on the photo to get the recipe)

I made two desserts
American soft chewy big thick chocolate chip cookies
using my mother-in-law's recipe
(You may click on the picture to get the recipe)

Apple tarte tartin
(I have not posted the recipe yet, it will be up next week)



Here are the contributions from all my friends. Every dish was made with passion that shines through, don't you agree?

Prepared by Wendy of "Table for Two or More"
Cucumber cups with dried prawns sambal

Mieng Kam Kadok

That is how you eat it. 

Prepared by Esther of "The Fuss Free Chef"
Meat balls

Dragon fruit jelly

Prepared by Sharon of "Feats of Feast"
Shepherd pie

Crackers with caramelised onion mayo

Scotch quail's eggs

Prepared by Swee San of "The Sweetspot"
Double baked potato skins with guacamole

Cassis pear milk chocolate entremet


Prepared by Shannon of "Just as Delish"
Stuffed grape leaves

 and finally Prepapred by Yen of "Eat Your Heart Out"
Moist Brownies


We all agreed that we planned the portion of foods very well this time and there was not much left to “tap pau” (take away). This is the way to go for all future pot luck “LUNNER” so when is the next one?  LOL!

I wish to thank you all for the delicious foods and especially Swee San for being so gracious to host this gathering in her home. And a big thank you to Swee San's mum for taking this group picture for us.

58 comments:

  1. What a feast! Absolutely everything looks delish! Aren't foodie friends the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great cooks all of you all are..! Really admire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anybody can cook well if they cook often:D You too can be one.

      Delete
  3. This is my first bloggers potluck and I had so much fun. Nice to meet all these lovely bloggers and getting a chance to eat their lovely cooking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a time to sample lots of different food from all the wonderful home cooks.

      Delete
  4. All the foods look so yummy! :)
    And I saw almond crisp, I love almond! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I know you love almonds. Next time I meet up with you and Kenny, I must remember to make some and bring for you.

      Delete
  5. Everything looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I were there! Hmmm...I still have two packets of those huge freshly ice-frozen prawns all the way from KK. I must think of what I can cook with them...and share in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things you can make with prawns. Don't know what to do with them, send them to me. hehe

      Delete
  7. wow...that's a yummy spread there! Its always nice to have just enough rather than massively too much that everyone has to tapao home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that scrumptious food makes me hungry ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, when I look at the photos again, I feel hungry too.

      Delete
  9. Hi Veron, the chocolate chip picture didnt link me to the recipe....is it just me? Would love to have the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now try to click on the picture, it will take you to the recipe. Sorry, I think I did not link it earlier. I thought I did.

      Delete
  10. OMG! A spread of good food on the table. All are heavenly delicious looking. How I wish I can taste all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ladies in Taiping are good cooks too. I am sure you guys will have delicious food when you have a potluck party.

      Delete
  11. Wow!
    You made making Pot luck "LUNNER" (lunch and dinner) seem so simple!
    Would you join us in our food community www.mycookbook.com and let us know how you worked on the Pot luck "LUNNER" (lunch and dinner)perfectly ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Hillary. Will visit your food community shortly.

      Delete
  12. wah my eyes keep blink blink looking at all the foods. So many yummy food for the pot luck lunch & dinner. A very good gathering to you all too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, blink blink eyes ha? Come join us one of these days for our meet.

      Delete
  13. sorry for not able to join this time of gathering, look at all those yummy foods, wish i was there..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you guys really make a fantastic effort to bring such good food. I am very impressed with the vast selection of goodies. I guess that's what to expect when food bloggers meet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. Food bloggers meet is all about food.

      Delete
  15. What a great banquet. I love the way you meet up with fellow bloggers and eat out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for stopping by my blog so I could find yours. What a fun post this was, to see all the different food selections and the people who made them...such a variety, and such great things! Your items were lovely...I like how you packaged the little treat for your friends with the ribbon attached, so simple and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and leave your comment. Hope to see you around often. We sure have lots to share.

      Delete
  17. I can smell the food & this has brought me here! This looks like a buffet choice of food to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. hope the smell of the food will bring you back to KL soon. Looking forward to meet you in person my dear.

      Delete
  18. Looks like a fun and delicious 'lunner', Quay Po. You guys were truly spoilt with the variety, weren't you? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of yummy food! I'm sure it's a great gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I learn a new word today, LUNNER! haha :D

    Love all the dishes here <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not only you learned a new word, my Quay Lo said he did too. haha

      Delete
  21. I love your chocolate chip cookies! Chewy cookies rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love chew cookies compared to the crispy ones.

      Delete
  22. Wow, and wow! What a FEAST! Totally amazing, and sinfully delicious! I would have to steer clear away from one of these feasts...or I would have to start a brand new diet all over again!
    Thanks for sharing your foodie friends' adventure...fabulous and talented cooks and bakers, and superb photos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a gathering and a feast! All the food looks fabulous and everyone looked like they ha heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have tons of fun when we meet. Any chance of you planning a holiday this way?

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. Jes, join us our next meet. Would love to see you again.

      Delete
  25. Bet you girls had a great time.

    All I could do when reading this was to shake my head. It is difficult to see this things and yet not able to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, all looks so delicious and very nicely prepared :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Everything looks delicious! What a fun get together.

    ReplyDelete
  28. did you eat on my behalf? wendy told me that you were oredi talking abt the next cny potluck! still long way to go but hopefully can make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ask me too? Haiyah, should have told me earlier. Yes, any suggestion for the theme? Hope you can join us.

      Delete
  29. yes, there were and there always will be when food bloggers meet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I swear I have replied to all your comments earlier but then they all disappeared! I hope this won't happen again because it is very frustrating. Please know, I always appreciate your visits and your comments and I will always reply. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!