Friday, August 20, 2010

Carrot Cake - Featured at Bakeolicious on 10 Nov 2010

This is an all time favorite cake of my family and friends. My dear friend Diana asked me for the recipe last week and I just got to bake this cake today and here it is:D


Carrot Cake










Ingredients:
3/4 cup granulated sugar.
2 cups sieved all purpose flour.
1 tsp. salt.
1 tsp. Cinnamon, ½ tsp Nutmeg

3/4 cup brown sugar, packed.
1 tsp. baking powder.
1 tsp. baking soda.
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil.
2 tsps. vanilla.
4 large eggs.
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts are good, but any nut will do).
1/2 cup raisins.



Method:
1. Grease and flour or lined with baking sheets a 8” x 3” round tall pan.
2. Stir together dry ingredients.
3. Squeeze out some of the juice from the shredded carrots
4. Now add to the dry mixture, the carrots, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
5. Beat about 2 to 3 minutes until well mixed.
6. Stir in the nuts and raisins.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for about 50 to 60 minutes.
8. Cool on a wire rack.

Cream Cheese Frosting with Sour Cream

2/3 cup icing sugar
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sour cream

Seive the icing sugar and set aside.  Beat 1/2 cup sour cream and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended. Add  1 tea spoon at a time the icing sugar.  Spread frosting over cooled cake.

13 comments:

  1. I am definbnitely ok with yur plan for dispensing the above. (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Veron, your cake looks absolutely scrumpcious and beautifully presented! I know this cake well, as I have made it myself. If you like pineapple, add some to the batter; it is a joy to the tastebuds. May I have a piece now...PLEEEZZZ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for your comment but may I know who you are? I will definitely try putting pineapple in the batter the next time and see how it taste:D You can drop by my house and have a piece of the cake for sure:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that recipe! I see a heart of sprinkles on your cake. Undoubtedly each sprinkle represents a tiny bit of the passion you put into each post. Oh and there are 4 eggs in the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quaypo, yes I can't agreed more, and yes "Ley Ker Lang Tit and also "Ley Ker Hoe Sek Tit"!! Thanks for this recipe, I absolutely loves this carrot cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Quaypo, I must try this carrot cake. My daughter loves carrot cake and so does my brother. I will try it. It does sound good and moist. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Mel
    No, it is "ngoh tay ker lang tit" hehe

    @Catherine
    I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veron, that looks really good! I think I am gonna make this for my MIL. Her birthday is coming up and she really loves carrot cake.- Reese

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoever reads this comment after it is posted, I can vouch that this is the best carrot cake recipe ever. Made the carrot cake on Saturday and my family proclaimed Veron's recipe as THE BEST ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss his one also! Haiyoh, LUCY ME!! WOW I am glad to read it now though. Glad to know you too think this is a good carrot cake recipe:D

      Delete
  10. Dear QuayPo, I tried baking the carrot cake today but it sinks badly in the centre. When cut it, the centre area looks uncooked. But the sides are bake nicely. Taste of cake is great and I will try again. Any idea what went wrong? I use electric mixer to beat for 2 mins after adding carrot, eggs and oil to the dry ingredients. Is this correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JJmum, You did right. I am sorry that your carrot cake sank in the centre. I suspect you have not squeeze out enough juice. Also each oven behaves differently. Maybe 60 mins is not long enough for your oven. What you can do the next time you try this cake again, cover the cake with aluminium foil with shinny side up during the last 15 mins and bake for an extra 10 mins. Let me know if this works for you:D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and family. Hugs.

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!