Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Be a couch potato but don’t blame me

This soup had all the necessary nutrients in it and it is so easy to make. I ate with half a bowl of cooked fragrant white rice in it while my Quay Lo ate with crusty bread.  This is another quick and simple meal for a lazy evening. Definitely “An in-front of TV” meal. Use disposable bowls and cutleries if you don’t even want to get up and wash dishes.

I do not recommend that you do this often because I do not want to be responsible for you turning into a couch potato. I think once in a while is fun. One thing I would like to mention though is not to snack in front of the TV.  Studies have proven that people who watch TV and snack at the same time consume many calories without knowing it and tend to overeat.  The chances of you gaining weight is very high. I have told you so, if you don’t listen, don’t blame me. LOL!

French beans, potato, bacon and ham soup



Ingredients:
300 gm French beans, cut into 1 ½ in pieces
3 medium size yellow potatoes, cut into chunks
1 medium onions, cut lengthwise into six
2 pc of bacon
100 gm diced ham
4 C chicken stock or enough to cover all the ingredients
1 tsp ground black pepper
salt to taste

Method:
Throw all the above into the soup pot except salt and ground black pepper and bring to boil.  Turn heat to medium and let it boil till French beans are limp and onions are translucent. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer till potatoes are soft.  Add salt and ground pepper and serve hot.

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. french beans are always welcomed in my house! love the pic

    sweetlife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't blame you, I'll thank you! This dish looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at the ingredients, I know this soup is tasty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just book marked this it sounds so quick and easy thanks. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is not the kind of soup that i normally take but i might try this if i'm on a detox or want to lose some weight..maybe minus the potatoes, haha! reason is becos you just mentioned that..have been snacking too much in front of the tv..my kacang puteh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a flavorful mix of ingredients. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With little ones running around the house and little time to cook, this is the perfect, quick and healthy recipe. My children like to eat rice with a little soup mixed in. It helps them eat cause the rice is not as dry and the soup adds taste. I know they'd enjoy this lovely recipe. Thanks for sharing, Quay Po. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love being a couch potato! but you'r right, only in moderation :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is one super tasty soup!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, first time here in your blog and I am loving your recipes. I am your new follower now! Hope you'll visit my blog too!!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha, I like your "washing up" tip! Great time for soup here at the moment, this one looks really warming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, what a lovely soup! I love that you added bacon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This soup is so refreshing, just right to have in front of the TV, no bones to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I din't know soups can be this easy, as you said this is really perfect for a lazy evening. Thank you for linking this delicious soup with Any One Can Cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umm: You are welcome. I think it is a very interesting event you have organised. Thanks for dropping. Hope to see you around more often.

    Cheah: Lazy soup for lazy people like me. hehe.

    Diethood.com: Oh yes, the bacon is the main star here. Thanks for dropping by so that I get chance to visit you too.

    shaz: Good to see you dear.

    Purabi: Thanks for your visit and your following. I checked out your blog, you have lots of wonderful recipes yourself.

    Joanne: I would say so because the bacon adds great flavor to it.

    Two fit and fun gals: I am sure you will not overdo it by looking at your nick name:D Will hop over to you blog in a minute.

    LeQuan: this is a good one for your kiddies. If you want to cut down the oil, just add less bacon or not at all. It will be less flavorful but still taste good.

    That Girl: Right, weekend should be relaxing.

    biarrose: It is and this is a regular soup for us.

    lena: me too, I love to snack kacang puteh in front of the TV. Dangerous, when I start eating, I cannot stop.

    Diane: Enjoy.

    edith, bonnie: You are welcome. I am happy to.

    yummychuncklet: I like your comment, it bring a smile to my face. Oh I blame you for that. hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!