Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seafood Risotto Saffron with lemon grass sauce - Featured in Group Recipes

It is very difficult to get pre-packaged Risotto Saffron in my country.  In fact one year ago, there was none.  We have to buy it either from Thailand or Singapore.  I was so delighted to find them in our local supermarkets nowadays. Best of all, they are available in the supermarket near my home now. 

I have made Risotto the traditional way many time so I wanted to try something new.  I had some sole fillet and mixed seafood ready so I decided to try using lemon grass sauce for the risotto and see what’s the result.  Well, as expected it tasted good, the sauce complimented the fish and the seafood very well.  My hubby is always the one who will let me know if my recipes works.  As he is a very good cook himself and have tasted food all over the world, I can tell this must be delicious when he finished everything on the plate. LOL!



Serving: 2

Ingredients:
1 box of pre-packaged 250gm Risotto Ponto Saffron (I like to use the brand: GALLO)
1 250gm packet of frozen mixed seafood.
300 gm sole fillet
1 tb olive oil
3 cheery tomato
2 pieces sliced lemon rind

Ingredients for lemon grass sauce:
6 shallots
½ head garlic
1 stalk lemon grass (serai)
1/2 ts oysters sauce
1/2 ts sugar
1/4 cube chicken bullion

Method:

Preparation for sauce:
Dice lemon grass, sliced shallots and garlic and pound till very fine in pastel and mortar.  Add oyster sauce, chicken stock and sugar and mix well.  Scoop up 1 table spoon to marinate the sole fillet for about 15 mins.  Heat sauce pan with oil and add balance of mixture and sauté till fragrant. Turn off heat. Side the pan aside.

Preparation of the Rissoto Ponto Saffron:
Just follow the instructions on the box. Have the risotto cooked and set aside.

Preparation of the Sole fillet and seafood:
Cut sole fillet into 1 in by 2 ins and 2 cm thick pieces. Brush small amount of butter on frying pan and brown each side about 3 mins a side and put them aside on a plate. Heat olive oil and add lemon grass sauce, add mixed seafood and stir fry for 3 mins.  Add  in cooked risotto and mix well. Finally add the cooked sole fillet and transfer to serving plate and decorate the plate with cherry tomato and lemon rind. I serve this with a bowl of mints leave and egg soup and freshly baked baguettes.  

8 comments:

  1. Hi Quay Po,

    This seafood risotto saffron with lemon grass sauce is a fusion of east meet west :) Awesome..no wonder hubby finished all :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elin,
    Yes this is definitely a East meet West dish! Just like me and and hubby! haha and AWESOME is the word for it. Thanks so much for dropping by and all comments left by my friends mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great combination of flavors! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy! I love the colors and the use of lemon grass! love lemon grass

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTCT,

    Thanks. I got your email about the new format of entry of recipe. I just got back from a trip and no time to look it through but will get to it. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so colorful & delicious, can't wait to try & make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ally
    Welcome to my blog and thank you for leaving your comment. I love you to see you often and glad to have make a new friend. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Ally
    Welcome to my blog and thank you for leaving your comment. I love you to see you often and glad to have make a new friend. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!