Saturday, November 6, 2010

Chicken and Ginseng soup


This soup is a no brainer to make but my Mum is an ardent believer in ginseng. She said this herb support overall health and boost the immune system if taken regularly.  One caution though, don’t take it at night unless you want to count sheep.



Ingredients:
1 pc 200gm Chicken breast
6 honey dates
100 gm ginseng
900 ml water

Method:
Blanch chicken breast and set aside. Add water and ginseng to pot and bring to boil.  Add chicken breast and honey dates and simmer for 2 hours.

11 comments:

  1. I have never used ginseng in cooking, I thought it only came in tablet form!! One lives and learns, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane,
    You are right. We live to learn and learn to improve. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anther discovery! Love the combination; I knw that ginseng promotes good memory. We are freezing here and need some soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita,
    With reference to wikipedia, there are many types of ginseng but American ginseng promotes yin energy, cleans excess yang in the body, and calms the body. Have a bowl of this goodness soon:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I enjoy reading your blog. It is easy to follow and it is so straight forward. I am not a good cook so it easy for my to be confius when following recipes which used so many ingredient in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Malay-Kadazan girl,
    Welcome to my blog and appreciate your comment. I am glad you find the recipes easy to follow and hope you will try some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Quay Po, are you using American ginseng or Chinese ginseng (yan sum)?
    The picture shows roots? Plz help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you using American ginseng? Does it come with roots. I like your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, Chinese ginseng and thanks for liking my blog.

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!