Monday, November 1, 2010

Grilled cod fillets with orange sauce - Featured in Group Recipes & Peitit Chef and made it to Top 9 at Foodbuzz







When  I served this to my hubby, the first thing he said to me, is “This looks like a piece of art!”.  Do you guys agree with him? Whether it is a piece of art or not, the most important thing is the taste and fortunately it taste as good as it looks.  Oooo, looks like I am blowing my trumpet! So, don’t let me.  You guys try this recipe and let me know what you think.  Compliments and criticism are all welcome.



Serving : 1

Ingredients:

100gm cod fillets, cubed (preferably at least 1 in thick cod fillet)
1 large orange
1 cup orange juice
1 ts white wine
5 leaves of sage
1 tb butter
1 ts orange zest
a dash of pepper
a dash of salt
1 cup of beans sprouts shoots (tau miu)
1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional, for garnishing)
3 leaves of purple lettuce (optional, for garnishing
1 red cherry tomato (optional, for garnishing)

Method:

Add sea salt to cod cube fillets.  Brush butter generously on grill pan. Place fish cube fillets and place the sage leaves around the fillets on grill pan.  Grill each side for about 8 mins and place on serving plate. Blend orange juice and wine with melted butter in a sauce pan and put it over medium heat and for 5 mins.  Add pepper and salt and orange zest and simmer for another 5 mins and pour over code fillet and serve immediately.

Note:  If you do not like the green taste of fresh bean sprout shoots, you might want to blanch them.


19 comments:

  1. really I love it, definitely it would be my to do list next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. really I love it, definitely it would be my to do list next week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally agree with your hubby. When I first saw the pic on the header I am just "WOW" and admiring...very beautiful and classic dish :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely presentation and flavors. Having mahi-mahi this weekend, and might have to adapt your recipe for that!

    Cheers and thanks,

    *Heather*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dinetonite,
    Please let me know the outcome:D

    Ann,
    Thanks, I love picture of this dish so I used it for me header. I am so glad you like it too.

    Tigerfish,
    Thanks:D

    squirrelbread,
    I don't think we can get mahi-mahi here. I would love to try this recipe with it too. Please let me know the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eatgreek,
    you are always so kind to give me positive feedback. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the food styling in this, very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your husband was right, the dish indeed looks like a piece of art! You're very talented :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi meltingbutter,
    Wow, a compliment from a chef! That means a lot to me and thanks! Hope to see you here often. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cooking Gallery,
    Thanks for your compliment. I was so happy that this dish made it to TOP 9 at FOODBUZZ today:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! You're in the Foodbuzz Top 9 ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good cod always serves a good meal! Prepared like this I think it sounds amazing. Mm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linn,
    Thanks for your visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks magnificent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visda,
    You are welcome. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely food presentation

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!