Saturday, November 20, 2010

Stir fry soy bean sprouts and minced pork

This dish brings me back to my school days where we were asked to grow some bean sprout during our biology class.  It was interesting to see how they grow.  Of all the three science subjects, I love biology the most.  Probably the reason is because I was neither good at chemistry or physics . 

Bean spouts are nutritious and it is popular among restaurants and salad bars.  It has high concentration of essential vitamins, protein and starches.  They can be used in making soups, stir fry with salted fish and many more.  Being an "Ipoh Mali" girl (a girl from Ipoh), it is easy to love bean sprouts because Ipoh bean sprouts are the best!



Ingredients:

270gm soy bean sprouts, chopped
270gm minced pork
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
½ cube bullion chicken stock, mashed.

Mehtod:

Heat oil in wok and sauté garlic till fragrant.  Add minced pork and sauté till whitish in color and add soy bean sprouts and stir fry till pork is light brownish and completely cooked.  Add chicken bullion and mixed well. Serve hot.

17 comments:

  1. I like Ipoh's bean sprouts too cos they are very plum compared to those from other places. The way you cook it is so simple but looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is beautiful! These photographs are amazing!
    I am going to have to feature some of these recipes! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linking you up today!
    http://nobodyputsmamainacorner.blogspot.com/2010/11/mama-found-new-cooking-blog.html


    I know my readers will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie,
    You are right, they are the best:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Holli,
    Thank you for your visit and your compliments. I greatly appreciate that you link my blog to yours and featured my kuih kodok recipe. You are very kind. Hope to see you visit me often:D Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not cooked this for years, thanks for reminding me. Fantastic photo. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serene,
    Thanks and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Diane,
    If you have a new variation on cooking bean sprouts, please share on your blog:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! The picture looks stunning ;D
    Love this homely dish very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dish sounds so yummy. I love how simple it is to put together, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nowadays, really not easy to find soy bean sprouts at the wet market. Not many selling it. My hubby loves having it in any way but not my kids. You know, kids are so picky & greens or yellow neither are their favourites. ha! Yours looks really tempting. Hope you're enjoying your day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sprouts from Ipoh really are sweeter. Just like the girls eh? Maybe it really is the water as they say. Anyway, I'm a lucky guy because I get both...the gnah choy & the girl. (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Koci,
    Sometimes the simplest things are the most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristy,
    How nice to see you on a weekend:D Thanks for dropping by and visit. I know it is hard to get kids to eat vegetables. Fortunately when my son was a kid, he loves vegetables. I am enjoying my day and hope you and your family are too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes Darling,
    You got the best of both worlds! KIsses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i am not a fan of bean sprouts but i do like other kinds of veggies stir fried with minced pork.

    i was also not a very good biology (or any science) student.

    this dish is beautiful tho!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!