Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sour cream banana & roasted pecan cupcakes - Featured in Group Recipes & Bakeolious


I am a hopeless baker....so hopeless that the first time I tried baking a cake it was a disaster. My hubby had bought a box of cake mix and asked me to follow the instructions on the box. I did, but then I baked it in a toaster oven instead of the regular oven. A near fire was the result of course. I don't blame you for laughing at how silly I was. That was when I had no clue at what to use in a kitchen.


I love all my foodie friends’ cup cakes! They all look so lovely, especially recently. Some of them are so creative in coming up with spooky ones for Halloween. I hope someday I will come up with nicer and more creative cupcakes. So for now, I have baked some, but they are very basic. From a taste stand point, my darling hubby said they were delicious, but presentation is a fail by my own estimation. I am sharing this because I find this recipe makes really yummy banana cupcakes. I hope to see some foodie friends use it and come up with those amazing little things! Do buzz me if you use this recipe to make cup cakes so that I can enjoy some eye candies!

Makes 18 – 20 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1/4 c. butter
1 ¼ c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mashed bananas
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Method:
Line cupcake pan with cup cake papers. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, blend thoroughly. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add bananas and pecans, mixing just until blended. Spoon batter into the paper cupcake liners. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 mins minutes. Cool well and before adding any frosting.

13 comments:

  1. These look great, Quay! I love banana bread, so I bet I'll really like these...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol you sound like me. I'm quite a hopeless baker myself, which is why I get guest bloggers to post baking recipes, hahahaha.

    But with that said, you can't really go wrong with banana bread recipes - and you've done a great job with these cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane,
    Oh thanks, I needed that compliment on my baking. It will encourage me to bake some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,
    You are a clever girl and when I can bake better I will post one on your blog. I am so glad to hear that you think I did a good job:D I need to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your cupcakes look lovely. Love the pecan half on top, I sure wouldn't mind eating a couple of them in the mornings with a big cup of coffee :o) Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susi,
    OMG!! I got a compliment from a cupcakes expert! You don't know what it means to me my dear. Thanks a million for dropping by and leave your comment. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and yummy little cupcake. Love the little ceramic dish too.

    Veronica-I have an award for you to pick up at my blog. Copy and paste, and pass it on to 15 bloggers of your choice. Congratulations, you truly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Quay,
    I would love to subscribe to receive your posts but unfortunately I am unable to do so with the options available on your RSS feed.
    Do you possibly have a subscribe by email option?
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog - I am looking forward to sharing.
    :-) Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your picture looks great! Simple is nice ;D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake turns out beautifully, love that pecan topping..yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Treat and Trick,
    Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!