Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crispy Cod Fish with Mango & Sweet Chilli sauce - FOODBUZZ TOP 9 & featured in Group Recipes

Largely adapted from Chef Sam Leong’s recipe
Do not underestimate this simple recipe. Before I submitted this dish to my food critic, I ate my share in the kitchen. So, do I need to elaborate further how delectable this is?
Serving: 2

Ingredients:
2 pc 100 gm cod fillet
Tapioca flour
Cooking oil for deep frying
Thai sweet chilli sauce (easily available at any supermarket)

Garnish:
10 gm green mango, julienned
5 gm carrot, julienned
2 stalks mint leaf

Method:
Score fish fillet diagonally and repeat in the opposite direction, leaving the skin to hold the resulting cubes together. Dust fillet with tapioca flour. Heat oil for deep frying and deep fry the fish fillet until skin turns crisp and golden brown. Drain and place on serving plate. Spoon some sweet chilli sauce over the fish fillet. Garnish with mint leaf, mango and carrot and serve.

Note : You must eat the fish together with the mango and carrot with each bite to get the intended taste for this dish.

25 comments:

  1. Woww !!! That looks amazing!!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cristina:D I hope to take better pictures like those in your blog. I LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Stunning picture and looks so classic. Thumbs Up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann. Your comment makes my day:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it that this is supremely superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this sounds fantastic. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Quay Po,

    This may be simple but it has amazing written all over it. I love the presentation, the wonderful textures, and of course the delicious ingredients you've combined together. Green mango totally rocks and has the perfect crunch to match with the carrots - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cod fish looks crispy indeed. Another restaurant-worthy dish...I mean...look at the beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane,
    Thanks. If you make this into a smaller portion, it can be a presentable appetizer too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lequan,
    You got it, that is exactly what this dish is about, th comination makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tigerfish,
    Thanks for your compliment. Treasure it much:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this preparation Darling. It is both delicious and drop-dead gorgeous. I'm looking forward to the tuna tonight as well. I am loving fish again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you never cease to amaze me...beautiful....love the sweet and spicy sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie,
    Thanks and actually Chef Sam Leong made his own sweet chilli sauce to go with you, I am just so lazy, I bought the Thai sweet chilli sauce instead of made it myself but it works!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a very delicious morsel of fish! Too little! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Jeannie, I agree with you so this has to be part of a few courses meal:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. as always, a beautiful photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. mmm this looks divine!!! i love cod i´ll try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely composition! No doubt it made top 9. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling,
    I am glad you want more fish and thanks for being such a supportive guinea pig! LOL! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jenny
    You comment gives me the encouragement to improve further on my photography. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jenny
    You comment gives me the encouragement to improve further on my photography. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marta,
    Do let me know how you like this preparation after you have tried it:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. ping,
    Thanks and your visits and comments have helped me make it this far.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!