Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Canned chili tuna, cauliflower and potato salad

This is a salad that my good friend Reena used to prepare for us. My son and I love this salad so much so we asked her for the recipe.  The only difference here is using canned tuna in chili instead in oil. That is because my son and I are chili heads! It is up to your preference if you wish to try this recipe. If water packed is your choice then increase the olive oil accordingly. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 can of chili tuna (mashed)
180 gm cauliflower, cut into smaller florets
1 medium potato (cut into small chunks)
½  medium white onion chopped
10 leaves of iceberg or romaine lettuce
1 tb finely chopped garlic
2 tb extra virgin olive
1 tb lemon juice
Salt and black pepper to taste

Method:
Wash lettuce, spin dry and keep chilled in the fridge. In a large salad bowl, flake the canned tuna, then add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chopped white onion, chopped garlic and mix well.  Blanch the cauliflower, just enough so that it remains crunchy.  Boil potatoes till they just soft (but careful not overcook).  Drain both potatoes and cauliflower till completely dry and put into the salad bowl. Add lettuce, salt and black pepper and toss well before serving.  This salad taste better when served cold.


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love all the hearty ingredients in your salad. It make for a complete meal. Isn't canned tuna is so great to have on hand for a quick sandwich and a salad? I make mine with a Mediterranean twist. If you get the chance check it out in one of my earlier posts.
    Anna,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    Yes, canned tuna is really handy. I always have 2 or 3 cans in my pantry:D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!