Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stir fry Kai Lan with Wolfberries - Featured in Group Recipes

The usual preparation is stir fry kai lan with oysters sauce or just with garlic.  In most restaurants, they usually serve the kai lan in whole.  Before I was married to my Quaylo hubby, Mum also serve most of our leafy vegetables whole.  From my hubby, I get to know that Westerners prefer to eat their vegetables in bite size.  From then on, Mum seldom serve leafy vegetables in whole.  In fact, we now prefer that better as it is much easier to eat especially for older folks like the 3 of us..LOL!

Stir fry Kai Lan with Wolfberries (Chinese Kale)





Ingredients:
300gm kai lan (washed, cut and soaked in salt water)
1 tb vegetable oil
2 bibs garlic chopped
½ cub chicken stock
A handful of wolfberries (soaked and drained)
1 ts Chinese wine
½ ts ginger juice
Salt and pepper to taste
A drop of sesame oil

Method:

Blanch kai lan in the boiling water for 1 - 2 minute, or once the leaves appear darker green in color and set aside.  Heat wok with vegetable oil on medium heat, fry garlic till fragrant and translucent not brown. Add water, chicken stock and wolfberries. Stir fry for 1 min.  Add blanched kai lan and mixed well.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add a drop of sesame oil and serve.

5 comments:

  1. i love wolfberries...in soup, in anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had wolfberries before but this dish looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I can't agree with you more about the importance of sharing recipes. So do drop in at Anna's Table for some of my family's favourite Italian recipes, and a real mix of others from different cultures.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog and thanks for sharing,

    Anna
    http://annastable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for stopping by:D
    Anna, definitely will check out your blog.
    Peggy, I bet you will love wolfberries once you try it. My mum believes it will improve your eye sight.
    Fatboybakes, you definitely know what is d good stuff:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dish reminds me of 'lui cha'. I used to cut the kailan in big chunks and stir fry without blanching it in boiling water. Will try your recipe soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!