Sunday, September 12, 2010

A lazy Saturday for all of us!

Yesterday was the second day of Hari Raya and we all had a lazy Saturday.  We watched a very good movie and decided to eat out for dinner.  Our decisions about going out to dinner are bifurcated. Sometimes it is all about getting dressed up and going for an upscale dining experience. Other times, like Saturday, we wanted simply good food in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. Restoran Kar Hiong, which is just 5 minutes drive from my home is always our first choice for home cooked Chinese food from home cooked food, you know what I mean? Check out the review about Kar Hiong by Fay Khoo in Time Out KL: http://www.timeoutkl.com/food/venues/Kah-Hiong.


Address: 9, Jalan SS18/1B, Subang Jaya.  
Tel: 016 328 7022

My Quaylo husband likes to say that the food at Kar Hiong is “ho sek” (delicious) and very reasonably priced. I agree on both counts. All the dishes across the board are priced at RM8.00 for small, RM13.00 for medium and RM18.00 for large.  If you ask me to recommend what to order,  I would answer by saying cannot go wrong ordering anything in their Menu. Nevertheless, some of our favorite dishes are as follows:
Honey pepper chicken. Crispy, spicy and flavorful! 
Spring Onion Tofu. An easy dish to make but the tofu here is extra smooth and silky.

Vinegar Pork Leg.  This dish is a gastronomic treat as always!
Kar Hiong is owned and operated by a family from Ipoh, and their selections reflect the Cantonese undertones of Straits Chinese cuisine that one can easily find in this part of the world. What is not so easy to find is the combination of perfect execution at the wok, friendly and prompt service, clean surroundings, and value that you can find at Kar Hiong. It is obvious that others agree and it is recommended that you get there early.



3 comments:

  1. http://annastable.blogspot.comSeptember 13, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    Sounds like you really enjoyed your laid back week-end. It's so nice to take a break from time to time,and enjoy good restaurant meal.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I'm going to have to try some of your recipes...they look wonderful. I love Asian cuisine! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane,
    Thanks for dropping by:D I am so happy to be able to share the joy with you. If you have any questions on my recipes, please feel free to ask me. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!