Friday, September 24, 2010

Cod fillet in lemon grass shallot sauce


Lemon grass is one of my favorite spices and a perfect spice for fish. My Mum's Lemon grass shallots sauce paired with grilled cod fish makes a perfect fusion dish.




Ingredients:
2 pieces x 200gms of cod fillet
1 tb vegetable oil
1 ts oysters sauce
½ bullion chicken stock
2 ts sugar
2 stalk of lemon grass
10 shallots
6 bibs garlic

Method:
Preparation for sauce:
Dice lemon grass, sliced shallots and garlic and pound till very fine in pastel and mortar.  Add oyster sauce, chicken stock and sugar and mix well.  Scoop up 1 table spoon to marinate the cod fille.  Heat sauce pan with oil and add balance of mixture and sauté till fragrant. Turn off heat. Set the pan aside.

Grilled Cod fillet:
Marinate cod fillet with 1 table spoon of the uncooked sauce mixture for 30 to 40 minutes, uncovered at room temperature. Spray a light coat of vegetable oil to the grill pan. Heat the grill pan and place the cod fillets on the pan.  Cook the fish for 3 mins on each side or until lightly brown. Check the center of the fish for doneness.  The color should be barely opague.  Remove the fish from the grill pan and transfer to serving plate.  Heat up the cooked sauce mixture in the sauce pan and pour onto the cod fillets and serve immediately.
  

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely dish. I love lemongrass as well, it is just one of my favorites! I really like reading about you at the top part of your blog. Your husband and you have a sweet relationship! Glad to be following your blog~~♥♥♥ Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemongrass too. It has such a great flavor. And this cod dish looks gorgeous and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,
    Do you also like the lemon grass essential oil? I love everything lemon grass, the soap, the essential oil, lemon grass tea. They are plentiful in Bangkok, Thailand and they are cheap compared to Malaysia <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    There are only 2 fish in fillet that I like, Cod and Salmon. Cod is always delicious in all variation of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torviewtoronto,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment. You have a very nice blog and I want to try out your recipe for cottage cheese sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!