Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stir fry French beans with diced prawn and sweet choy poh - Featured in Group Recipes

One of the many favorite dishes that my mum cooks for me. This one so simple to make. This dish goes well with both porridge and steamed rice. 



Ingredients:
300 gm French beans, diced
1 red chilly, remove the seeds and diced
10 medium size prawns, wash and diced
2 tbs sweet choy poh (this is sold chopped in packet in the grocery store)
½ white onion, diced
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbs water

Marinate the prawns with for 10 mins:
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
1 tbs sesame oil

Method:
Heat oil in wok and add garlic. Stir fry till fragrant, add onions and choy poh and stir fry till onions are translucent.  Add French beans till the color turn darker green, add prawns and water.  Stir fry till all water evaporated but ensure the French beans are not overcooked. Transfer to serving plate. 


Note: If you do not like the strong taste of sesame oil, you can reduce from 3/4 to 1/2 tbs or adjust according to your taste.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo, my mum used to make this for me when I was a kid! I could eat this everyday. Ah, the good old days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave veg.. grandma cooked for us.Sigh! miss those moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fave veg grandma cooked for us.. Sigh! miss those moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is easy to cook. So just do it yourself my dear:)

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!