Sunday, September 5, 2010

Caprese - Featured in Group Recipes

My hubby love Caprese.  Last evening he asked me if he can have it.  I prepare the salad for him but in my own way.  A few days ago, he bought some really nice looking paprika, orange and red in color.  An idea came to my mind.  I roasted the paprika and some garlic and add to the salad.  It turned out great, the sweetness of the roasted paprika and the smoky taste of the roasted garlic give the caprese a different dimension of taste. AWESOME!! I served it with grilled pepper salmon drizzled with the left over gravy from my roast chicken with roasted chestnut and a glass of white wine.  He enjoyed the meal so much and so it is all worth the work in the kitchen.  He said the grilled salmon was done perfectly and the gravy goes really well with it.  He asked me to document the recipe and share with my readers.. I think I will.

My version of Caprese

Ingredient
100 mg buffalo Mozarella cheese
2 plum tomato (cut in chunks)
2 tb chopped parsley
2 tb balsamic vinegar
1 tb extra virgin olive oil
10 bibs of roasted garlic
3 roasted paprika
Salt and black pepper to taste

Method
Roast paprika and remove all the skin and seeds.  Roast garlic with skin on and remove the skin after it is done.  Mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and black pepper. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour and serve it cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!