Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Water Chestnut Dessert - Featured in Group Recipes

This is a recipe I found on the web some time ago. Unfortunately I forgot to save the link and could not give credit to the owner of the recipe. My bad. The only ingredient I changed was replacing evaporated milk with whipped cream and it turned out well.

This Asian dessert was featured in Asian Food Channel (Official) Facebook page
on 2nd October 2012

Servings 4

Ingredients:
65g sago, washed and soaked for 5–10 minutes, then drained
300g fresh water chestnuts (ma tai), coarsely chopped
1.2 litres water
175g castor sugar
3 pandan leaves, shredded and knotted
(A) combined:
100ml thick coconut milk
1 tbsp whipped cream
½ tsp salt
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Method:
Put water, sugar and pandan leaves in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add water chestnuts and sago. Cook until sago turns transparent.

Stir in combined ingredients (A) and bring to a low simmer for two to three minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in egg white.

Dish out and serve warm.

7 comments:

  1. I love desserts. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

    Take the Dessert Personality Test and find out your personality on the basis of your favorite dessert. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you two are such a cute couple, and look so happy together!
    Thank you for commenting on my blog, I am checking out yours too. This water chestnut dessert looks really good, and so different from the Western styles, including your other dishes, which I will take more time to check out! Hope you choose to follow my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collin,
    Thanks for dropping by. I hope you will like this dessert as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elisabeth,
    Thanks for your compliment. I am your follower already:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vincent,

    Thanks for the invitation to join petitchef.com. I have signed up as a member and posted a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Quay Po, since you like "tong sui", have you tried this type ? white wood ear 白木耳/ 雪耳, fresh water chestnuts (ma tai), coarsely chopped, rock sugar. I love to add in some 枸杞子 -- the tiny red fruits from Chinese medical Hall. It is good to our eyes and brighten the "tong sui" too. I even add some before I dish up any of my stir fry veggie dishes too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!