Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shanghai Noodles - I can eat this everyday! - Featured in Group Recipes

When there are days that I am very lazy to cook lunch at home or even to go out to “ta pau” (take away), I will ask Mum to make Shanghai Noodles. 

Shanghai Noodles





Ingredients:
200 gms Shanghai Noodles
30gms dried Shitake Mushroom
200gm Pork sliced
50gm fish cake, sliced
Leafy green vegetables of your choice
Or Chinese Cabbage
2 bibs garlic chopped
2 tb oyster sauce
½ ts white pepper
1 cube chicken stock
1 ts corn flour
1 tb vegetable oil
1 ½ ts black sauce
200 ml water

Method:
Soak the Shitake Mushrooms till soft. Squeeze and drain excess water from the shitake and slice approximately 1/2 cm. Mix oyster sauce, white pepper, ½  cube chicken stock, corn flour in a bowl and marinate the sliced pork for 15 mins.  Heat oil in wok and fry garlic till fragrant. Add mushrooms, marinated pork and vegetables and fry till pork is cooked through. Set aside.  In a separate pot bring water to a boil and cook noodles for 9 mins. Take them out quickly and soak briefly in cold bath. Drain and set aside.  Add water into the wok, with black sauce, and the other 1/2 cube of chicken stock and bring it to boil.  Add in noodles, cooked pork and vegetables and toss until well mixed.  Transfer to serving plate.

5 comments:

  1. Can't imagine why this was so neglected. Looks so delicious and so simple to make too! A little like hokkien noodles but I think I prefer the shitakes in this .... Mmmm going to shop for some shanghai noodles tomorrow and a big bag of chilly padi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you brought this one back to our attention! I know my daughter and I could eat this everyday too. I am shopping for some Shanghai noodles as well. Funny how some posts get overlooked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely delicious! I can't imagine how they were overlooked. It is odd how some posts are overlooked for no obvious reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look like our version of Hokkien Mee. It certainly deserves some attention. Looking at it makes me salivate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!! Both Sonia's and your stir fried shanghai noodles are makes me salivating..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!