Monday, September 20, 2010

Mango salsa

I was introduced to Salsa by my hubby in 1996 when we were still in the states.  He made a bowl of salsa when we invited my good friend and his lovely wife Linda to our home for dinner one evening.  However, he did not put any mango. When I made it myself, I always put mango and I find that the mango enhanced the flavor more. Oh for those who like it a little more spice, add some Tabasco sauce. I love salsa and find it a very refreshing appetizer and it can vet up a appetite for the main course.

We usually serve salsa with Corn chips as an appetizer but tonight I am going to use it as a topping for pork burger. 



Ingredients

3 plum tomatoes diced
½ mango diced
1 cup choped parsley
½ red capsicum diced
½ yellow capsicum diced
½ orange capsicum diced
½ lemon (squeezed out the juice)
2 tb extra virgin olive oil
½  medium white onion diced
1 ts sugar
Salt and black pepper to taste


Method

In a big bowl put all the above ingredient together and mix well and put it into fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. It taste better eating cold.

12 comments:

  1. oh wow, i love mango salsa. i should have seen this before i made my tropical shrimp ceviche :) i used mango salsa for that dish too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan/Thella,

    Yes this salsa is my favorite and the mango in makes a world of difference! Thanks for visiting my blog:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks really good :) mango in salsa is something new to me !!!

    Have a lovely monday :)
    jen @ www.passion4food.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Thanks for sharing. ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salsa with fruit in it! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you guys like the idea of mango in salsa. Oh do use plum tomatoes if you can because it is much sweeter than the normal tomatoes. ENJOY! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous looking mango salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mango salsa is my favorite too! love the color of the dish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi M.Goh & Torviewtoronto,
    Thanks for your comments:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, superb, anything that has capsicum works well on me, i'm a huge fan of capsicum :P

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!