Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fried Tomatoes and eggs

The first time Mum made this dish for me when I was a little girl, I did not really like it .  I find that eggs and tomatoes are rather odd combination. As I grew older, I like it better.  However, during the time when I had absolutely no interest in cooking, this is one of my favorite dish to cook when I have to.  It is so simple to cook, cannot go wrong with the taste and looks pretty.  If I am not mistaken it is a very popular dish in all the non expensive restaurants in Beijing, China.  This is supposed to be a Chinese dish but you can turn it into a Western dish by adding Cheese.

Fried Tomatoes and eggs

Ingredients
4 tomatoes (sliced) (Try using plum tomatoes, it taste much better)
3 eggs
3 bibs chopped garlic
2 tb vegetable oil
Salt & white pepper to taste
Spring Onion (diced)
Method
Beat the eggs and throw about one third of the garlic (chopped up small) into the beaten egg with a dash of salt. Heat up 1 table spoon of  oil and add the eggs.  Stir till it is almost cooked but not dry, and take it out of the pan again. Heat up another table spoon of oil and add tomatoes and fry them with the garlic until it is soft. Add cooked eggs back in, and fry it for a few more minutes.  Add salt and white pepper to taste. Garnish with spring onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks!